Putting World Tournament Details
Thank you for signing up for the tournament at Putting World in Scottsdale, Arizona on Saturday February 25th at 3:00 p.m. This event is a little bit different than my other events in regard to the buy in cost, payouts and green fees. I just wanted to make sure there is not going to be any sticker shock or anyone confused about what they’ve gotten themselves into. Here is the breakdown of the costs. Let me know if you are still on board. View:
1. Green Fee – Putting World requires that a $50 green fee be paid to them to play in the NPT event. This gets you one practice round and then three tournament rounds. This money does not go into the prize pool. Then, there is the tournament buy in cost which is $20.00 for Amateurs and $50.00 for Pros. We then do the “Elite Pro Addon” for Pros that would like a little more at stake. That is $100.00. You are still in the Pro division with this Addon. It is just a separate prize pool.
2. Big Tournament Qualifying Option – Putting World is also offering a special exemption for our players in regard to their big tournament that they’re doing on March 31st. The cost to enter the qualifying stage of that tournament is $300.00. If you wanted to pay this, your scores will count towards the NPT tournament and will also go into the qualifying scores database for their big tournament. Basically, you can kill two birds with one stone and not have to come back and qualify. The top 150 players of this qualifying stage will get into this big tournament where they are offering $30,000 in prize money. For this option there also is a $200 yearly membership fee. If you are going to do this option, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Rake – The NPT normally takes a 10% rake of all buy-ins. We are waving that for this tournament. However, there are some printing costs that need to be covered. We are going to take a $5 free from only players that receive payouts from the tournament. This will help to cover the printing costs for the scoreboard and scorecard printing.
4. New Start Time – The tournament starts at 3:00 p.m. We ask you to be there by at least 2:30 p.m. for check in.
5. Playing With Friends – Some of you have requested to play with friends. I will do my best to allow for this. However, to make sure we are keeping scores honest, I try to avoid putting three friends together that I do not know. I hope you understand. I will do my best to put you with at least one friend.
6. Practice Round – We have added a practice round to the event so players can get at least one round in on the tournament course. Therefore, the tournament is now four rounds. If you decide the forgo the practice round the green fee will be just $40.00.
Conclusion – That is it. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who is playing in this tournament understands the parameters. If you would like to pull out of the tournament let me know. Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at the tournament on Saturday, February 25th at Putting World!