The NPT reserves the right to add, amend or change any of our rules at any time. Our main rules include:
- The game is only played on a putting surface.
- The order of play alternates after each hole in any format, during the round or during a playoff.
- A player may not mark and lift their ball when playing a hole.
- A player must complete the hole before the next player can make a stroke at that hole except for certain situations with Par 4 holes.
- A player may carry only one club.
- The anchoring method is permitted in all MSOP events.
- A player may adjust the position of their ball in the teeing area with his or her club.
- No object is allowed under the ball. (no tees)
- A player may not use a caddy and a player may not stand behind another player and look down their direct line.
- In the event of a tiebreaker, a playoff may be conducted on or outside the course played.
- Players are expected to play in a dynamic and noisy environment.