November 14, 2023
Hello. I have something very exciting planned for this year’s NPT tour final. We are going to be doing a TV show event. This is going to be held on Tuesday, November 14th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. It is going to be at Putting World in Scottsdale, Arizona. We will be filming a TV show for a program that plays on ESPN2 and ESPN News called “ESPN 8 “The Ocho.”
The buy-in is going to be $100 plus a $25 green fee that goes to Putting World. We are going to pay the top 33% of the field. There will be no rake for this event. All money from the $100.00 entry fees will be going back to the players. This will be a 36 hole event. Will be playing an easy version of the Putting World putting course. The tee boxes will be in the middle three feet from the back. On holes 1,2,3,5 and 16 they will be six feet from the back.
Would you be interested in playing? If so, we have some things that are a must:
- No matter what place you finish up in, you must stay until 2:30 p.m. If you are out of the tournament, we still need you as a spectator to fill up the video frame.
- If you finish in the top 33% and you want a payout that day, you will have to wait until probably around 3:30 p.m. to get paid out.
- You must be okay with being interviewed either before or after the event.
- You must be okay playing with the presence of TV cameras. We may have to stop play at certain points to wait for camera men to get into position.
- If you are not in one of the final groups, we kindly ask that you stand around the 18th hole at the end to applaud the final groups when they make putts. This will help excitement for the TV show.
- We are going to be filming some scripted scenes that will involve some acting. You must have patience during these filming times.